The suns rays pass through the evacuated tube (vacuum reduces heat loss) and hit a copper absorption plate. This heat is delivered to the manifold via the working gas. The water passing through this manifold extracts the heat and delivers it to the storage vessel. The vacuum inside each tube provides perfect insulation and therefore protects the system from outside influences such as cold and windy weather or high humidity. The vacuum technology ensures the most effective transfer of energy into heat, giving extra performance in comparison to traditional flat plate collectors and providing heat not only on warm, sunny days, but also in colder, windy or even overcast weather conditions.
Evacuated tubes are more efficient and typically used in quick recovery situation.
- Hot water production
- Space heating - dependant on application
- Swimming pool heating
- Produces up to 70% of your hot water requirements for free
- Higher annual yield than flat plate collectors
- Reduces dependency on oil or gas
- Renewable Energy
- Protects the environment
- Can be used by new & existing households
- Reduces Carbon Footprint.
- Helps to meet new building regulations and improves energy ratings
- Reduces energy costs - In event of tube damage, remaining tubes continue operating until damaged tube is replaced
- Ashgrove Renewables Brochure 3311kb
Did you know?
Evacuated tube systems provide heat even in cold damp conditions. The Output can be 20% to 30% more effective than flat plate collectors.